Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
April 19, 2012
- Call to Order: Board President Scott Eiler called the meeting to order at 7:30pm. Also present were Trustees Austin Peppin, Kevin Pfarr, Kevin Prunty and Adam Hale. No homeowners were in attendance. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. Austin motioned that the minutes of the February 23rd meeting be approved as read; Scott seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- President’s Report: Scott indicated he would be preparing the next Newsletter. He suggested the following focus items for insertion; common ground areas, Spring clean up issues (eg., power washing of homes – a number have been observed to have mildew from the Winter), the H/PIA system, “good neighbor” issues (eg sweeping up grass clippings from sidewalks), Yard of Month program, etc. Scott has scheduled an e-mail blast to alert homeowners to the local “earth day” event.
- Treasurer's Report: Scott presented an updated financial report (see attached). Approximately $3000 in assessment fees had been received in March. As a result, income is almost on budget. Further fees are expected to come in the next two months.
- Secretaries Report: Austin reported that he had contacted Dale Signs and Brentwood Signs and obtained some preliminary suggestions for signage for the Baxter/Country Ridge junction. He presented pictures of these sign suggestions and some preliminary cost estimates. The height limits of the signs and positioning needs to be clarified. Austin will communicate back to the two sign companies that we need a little more time to review their suggestions and prepare an RFQ. We expect to install the new signs in the September time frame when landscaping is done. Scott also suggested that while we are making signs we may want to have some small signs made that can be placed at the entrance to major common ground areas making these areas more visible to homeowners. It was agreed that this was a useful idea.
- Common Ground Report: Adam reported that mowing of the small parcel of ground behind the homes of the Thistlebriar cul-de-sac had been terminated, with the intention of letting this parcel return to natural habitat. However, two of the homeowners had complained and asked for mowing to continue. Scott had spoken to the homeowners and agreed to two more mowings. Scott and Austin will visit the homeowners concerned to discuss. Scott reviewed criteria for mowing common ground: 1. area that provides a buffer zone; 2. area that abuts to a street; 3. accessible and usable for common enjoyment for all homeowners; 4. Only common-ground owned by Subdivision. 5. Has a path to access common ground. Cul-de-sac updates: Scott suggested we had sufficient funds to do three to four circle updates in the Fall. It was agreed that we would tour the cul-de-sacs in mid May in order to decide the circles most in need of updating.
- H/PIA Applications: Kevin Pfarr presented an update report (attached) showing H/PIA requests and approvals to date this year. Four H/PIAs had been approved in March.
- Home Appearance Issues: Scott raised the issue of a home on Country Ridge that has very overgrown trees in the front of the house to the extent that it is difficult to see the front of the home and garage (this home had been discussed last year). Another home on Strollways is in a similar condition. It was suggested that we get input from the City of Chesterfield on these issues (Austin will call Curtis at the COC). Scott will highlight the issue of mildewed homes in the Newsletter. Austin raised the issue of another home on Country Ridge which has cleaning materials, tools and other items stored on the front porch (this homeowner has been warned of this appearance issue previously). Scott suggested he and Austin would visit the homeowner to discuss and resolve our concern.
- Neighborhood Watch: Scott noted that there had been no further interest from homeowners in the Neighborhood Watch and proposed that further effort be tabled. This was agreed by all Trustees.
- Yard of the Month: Austin recommended, and it was agreed, that the program start up again in May. He will tour the sub-division at the end of April and select a few yards for voting. Nominations for the program by homeowners are also welcome (will be noted in the Newsletter).
- Homeowner Forum: No homeowners were present.
- Baxter Road Project: The project appears to be progressing on schedule. Country Ridge East is expected to be re-opened in early June.
- Mail duty:
- May – Austin
- June – Scott
- iJuly – Kevin Pfarr
- Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for June 21st 2012 at 7:30 pm at City Hall, Room102/103.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 pm.
- Download the minutes in PDF format.