Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
December 15, 2011
- Call to Order: Board President Scott Eiler called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Also present were
Trustees Austin Peppin and Kevin Pfarr. Homeowner Marilyn Hickson was also in attendance. A
copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added. Austin motioned that
the minutes of the October 27th meeting be approved as read; Kevin seconded and the vote was
- President’s Report:
- Scott reported that the 4th quarter Newsletter had been prepared and will be sent out at the end
of December by C&V with the annual assessment fee notice. This will result in a cost saving
of about $450. Scott said that he had included his home address with his contact details in
the Newsletter, for those homeowners who do not have access to e-mail. A new section in the
Newsletter has been initiated called “Our Neighbors”, featuring neighbor profiles.
- Scott said no homeowner e-mails or issue reports had been received in the past month.
- The re-opening of Country Ridge Drive has been delayed until later in December due to
weather problems. It had been agreed with the project management that sod will be laid at the
edge of the monument park (up to the new railings) and any landscaping left until 2012.
- Treasurer's Report: Scott reported that the annual assessment notice will go out on the 27th of
December this year. This will result in a better match up of income and expense in the financial
records for 2012. He presented updated versions of the financial reports for October and November
(see attached). Expenses to the end of November are $2203 over income, but expenses are still
below budget for 2011. Depending on when C&V bills us for December services, approximately $3500
in further expenses is anticipated. Scott is proposing moving the Academy Bank account to Lindell
Bank, so that we have only one bank to deal with. There will be no impact on CD interest rates.
- Secretaries Report: There was nothing to report.
- Common Ground Report: There was nothing new to report.
- Home Appearance Issues: Nothing to report.
- H/PIA Applications: No H/PIA applications had been received in since the last meeting
- Neighborhood Watch: Nothing new to report.
- Homeowner Forum: Homeowner Forum: Marilyn Hickson expressed concern about neighbors in her area moving leaves
and other yard waste into the common ground. Also, she had observed certain lawn maintenance
companies also blowing leaves into the street and common ground. She said she had spoken to
these companies about this practice and that it was not allowed. Mrs. Hickson was encouraged to
send in an Issue Report on >such problems in the future.
- Open Discussion on Plans/Goals for 2012: Scott led some preliminary discussion on plans/goals
for Board activity in 2012 (to be concluded at the next meeting). Subjects discussed were;
- Home appearance issues. While there are some recognized home/yard issues that detract from
the appearance of the neighborhood, and potentially home values, it was agreed that these
are typically difficult to address with homeowners, either through the Indenture or the City of
Chesterfield ordinances. Austin commented that the primary goal of the Indenture is protection of
home values. It was agreed that this issue needs to be further discussed at subsequent meetings.
- Communication. Scott suggested we reduce the number of Newsletter issues to three per year at
a savings of about $500/yr. It was agreed that this was reasonable and Scott will bring up at the
next meeting for a vote. Kevin also suggested we use the web-site as the primary contact point
for homeowners questions and develop an auto response system to respond to homeowners e-
mails. Kevin indicated he would work with Scott on developing the auto response system.
- Common ground. Scott indicated that there should be sufficient funds in the Baxter Rd fund to do
the common ground renovation and also do re-landscaping of three – four cul-de-sacs. It was
agreed that in the Spring we need to determine which cul-de-sacs are most in need of renovation.
Also, that we need a plan (timeline) for re-landscaping the Baxter/CR junction and a common
ground maintenance plan. St Louis Co project management has provided the Board with the
name of the landscaping company they are using on the project (Baxter Farms & Nurseries).
- Austin recommended that in early 2012 we carry out a homeowner survey to determine what
issues are foremost in homeowners minds, what they would like to see the board working on and
inputs on the web-site, Newsletter and communication routes (see attached). He suggested this
could help with goal/priority setting. Kevin suggested we could do this using the website. It was
agreed this could be the simplest approach. Austin said he would draft a potential questionnaire.
- Scott suggested that as a Board we need to work “smarter not harder” in 2012. He will develop
some recommendations to this effect for further discussion.
- Baxter Road Project: See 2 above.
- Mail duty:
- January 2012 – Kevin Pfarr
- February - Austin
- Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for February 23rd 2012 at 7:30 pm at Kehrs Mill Elementary.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm.
- Download the minutes in PDF format.