Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
October 27, 2011
- Call to Order: Board President Don Baird called the meeting to order at 7:35pm. Don introduced the other Trustees present Scott Eiler, Adam Hale, Kevin Prunty and Austin Peppin. Twelve additional homeowners were in attendance (see attached list). Don ensured that all homeowners were signed in and had received a ballot form (one per household) for the election. A copy of the meeting agenda is attached. There were no additional items added and Kevin motioned that the minutes of the September 22nd meeting be approved as read; Adam seconded and the vote was unanimous.
- President’s Report: Don passed out a copy of the Board Accomplishments for 2011 and encouraged homeowners to read this. It had been another year of solid accomplishment. Mr. Capstick complimented the Board on its work on behalf of Homeowners.
- Treasurer's Report: Scott Eiler reviewed the 2012 budget and reasons why the Board was able to reduce the assessment fee for 2012. He also said we had enough funds in reserve to cover any unforeseen contingencies. We are also holding funds previously received from St Louis County to cover the restoration of sub-division property when the road construction is complete. Scott clarified for Mr. Rybak the use of 570 homes as a basis for the budget, and explained that as we budget on a cash basis, some assessment fees for 2011 were received just before the end of 2010, so don’t show up in the 2011 income. For 2012 we are sending out the assessment bills later and moving the required receipt date to January 31st 2012, in order to better capture all income in the 2012 calendar year. Scott also explained that only a small number of homeowners are in arrears and a lien is placed on the home if they are in arrears beyond a few months.
- Secretaries Report: Austin presented an update of Indenture violations (see attached report). The violations and letters process was reviewed. Austin commented that many of the violations were referred to the City of Chesterfield (COC) for handing. He presented copies of typical letters sent out by the Board directly to homeowners and indicated that the Indenture violations report had been initiated in 2010 in order to keep a careful record of noted violations, results achieved, and to make the process more transparent. It was agreed that in future, before a violation letter was sent out, it would be circulated to all Trustees for review.
- Trustee Election: President Don Baird’s and Treasurer Scott Eiler’s three year terms were expiring with the conclusion of the meeting. As a result two three year positions were open and on the ballot for the evening. Three candidates, Scott Eiler, Kevin Pfarr and Joe Lee had placed their names on the ballot. Don requested that each candidate introduce himself and explain his reasons for wanting election to the Board. Following this, Don requested each household present to vote for 2 candidates only and approve the $115 assessment fee using the ballot form. Mike Olszewski and Frank Rybak volunteered to collect and count the ballot forms (including opening 15 absentee ballots received). The vote counts were as follows;
- Scott Eiler – 28 votes for
- Joe Lee – 8 votes for
- Kevin Pfarr – 25 votes for
Scott Eiler and Kevin Pfarr were duly elected to serve for a three year term.
Trustees for 2012 are as follows:
Scott Eiler (term expires Oct 2014); Adam Hale (term expires Oct 2013); Kevin Prunty (term expires Oct 2013): Austin Peppin (term expires Oct 2012) and Kevin Pfarr (term expires Oct 2014).
Also, the 2012 $115 assessment fee was unanimously approved with 27 votes for.
- Homeowner Forum: Concerns were expressed from the floor regarding certain homeowners sweeping leaves into the street or taking leaves/garden refuse into the common ground areas. Homeowners were encouraged to file an issues report (on the web-site) on such problems so that the Board can investigate.
- Election of New Officers: Don retired and Kevin expressed thanks for all Don’s service and work. This was applauded by all present. Kevin Pfarr took his seat on the Board. Voting for new officers was then held with the following results:
- Board President: Kevin nominated and Adam seconded Scott Eiler for president. The vote was unanimous.
- Treasurer: Adam nominated and Scott seconded Kevin Prunty as treasurer. The vote was unanimous.
- Secretary: Scott nominated and Kevin Prunty seconded Adam Hale for secretary. The vote was unanimous.
- Austin will handle common ground issues and Kevin Pfarr will handle H/PIAs and the web-site.
- Yard of the Month Program: The winners for outstanding yard of the month for October were Mr. & Mrs. Pardo (15458 Country Ridge). Congratulations to Eugene & Jan.
- AOB: Mail duty:
|December – Adam
|January – Kevin Pfarr
- Next Meeting: The next meeting is scheduled for December 15th at Sachs Branch Library at 7:00pm.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.
- Download the minutes in PDF format.