Meadowbrook Farm / Clarkson Estates
October 25, 2007
- The meeting was called to order at 7:37pm at Kehrs Mill Elementary School. Present were trustees
John Lechner, Meredith McMindes, Michael Olszewski, and Michele Withers. Also present were the following homeowners:
Kevin & Casey Pfarr
Jerry & Lisa Griffins
Tim & Lydia Giddens
Matt & Susan Brown
Scott & Barb Eiler
- Meredith introduced the Board. She explained that the annual meeting notification letter went out late,
due to the fact that the September meeting -which is a planning meeting- had been attended by many homeowners
and a homeowner issue had taken up much of the meeting's time. Also, City & Village does the mailing as soon
as they can once it is received. Some homeowners notified the Board that they did not receive the mailing at
all, which was a concern. John will talk to City & Village and make sure that there are no problems with
- John presented the financials to the homeowners, going through expenses to date and the proposed 2008
Budget. The annual assessment amount proposed was $112.50, no change from previous years. John answered
homeowner questions about the expenses and proposed budget.
- Meredith talked about the 3 trustee positions that were open-her own, Michael Olszewski's, and Linda
Walp's. John Lechner, who filled Linda's position since she resigned, is unable to continue on the Board
due to his increased travel schedule. Meredith asked the other homeowners on the ballot to tell about
themselves and what they could bring to the Board. Kevin Pfarr is a software engineer and likes the
outdoors. Scott Eiler has an MBA. Homeowners discussed nominations from the floor and nominations that
had arrived too late to be on the absentee ballot. As there were many differing opinions, it was decided,
by unanimous vote, to suspend the election of trustees until the January meeting, to be held on January
31, 2008. Scott Eiler motioned that his and Kevin Pfarr's letters from September be accepted for the
January ballot, but anyone else, including standing trustees, had to submit letters of intent to run.
Meredith will inform the homeowners who sent in letters (but were not in attendance) of this new vote. A
notice will go out to all homeowners with the annual assessment bill in early December.
- A vote was taken for the 2008 annual assessment. It was unanimously approved at $112.50.
- A letter was received from a homeowner representing homeowners on the circle, who want to have their
circle re-landscaped. Meredith will write a letter and ask them to submit a plan, which is to include who
would be responsible for watering the plantings.
- A letter was received concerning trees down in the common ground near a resident's home. Michael had
the trees removed. The homeowner also mentioned erosion around existing gabion baskets (from a previous
erosion control attempt). Meredith will write a letter with the Board's erosion policy.
- The meeting was adjourned at 8:55pm. The next meeting will be held Nov. 29, 2007 at 7:30pm. It will
be held in the Kehrs Mill Elementary School library.